Workers Compensation Insurance
What Is Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Workers’ compensation insurance (also known as workmans’ comp insurance) provides benefits to employees for work-related injuries or illnesses including medical care, wages from lost work time, and more. Workers’ compensation insurance covers a deceased worker's family with a financial benefit as well. If a worker's family decides to sue the company, it can also help cover the related legal fees.
Workers’ compensation insurance can help protect your business and employees in events such as these:
- An employee slips on ice, injures himself while walking up the stairs to the office, and requires an emergency room visit and weeks of recovery time.
- An employee injures her back lifting a box of printer paper and requires a doctor’s attention, medication and physical therapy.
- An employee returning to the office from visiting a client is injured in a car accident and requires hospitalization.
- Workers’ compensation insurance will help pay for the medical expenses needed to treat these job-related injuries and illnesses. Workers’ compensation will also help employees keep their income while they take time off to recover from an injury.
- Find out how you help your business and your employees by getting an insurance quote today.
For more information, please contact our commercial insurance specialist: